Nakuru is located in what world famous part of Africa?

Working For Change In Kenya

Working For Change In Kenya

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hang me up to dry...

As I sit n the dinning room looking at the fog roll into the backyard I see Kantet hanging his' families washing. Some he just places on the line and pins and others he needs to ring out before he hangs them. The water falls onto the grass but before it does my eyes see the murky unclear water falling from the clothing.

My eyes are seeing something that is so normal (for 80% of the world) and it does not surprise me. But the Lord is funny in the way He gives us images.....because as I am seeing this my computer is playing the soundtrack to call and response, track number 2 Hang Me Up to Dry. The words take on a new meaning as I watch Kantet. He rings out the clothing and lets the dripping dirty water fall out of them....how many times does God do that to us?!

He sees the unclean filthily water in us and His heart breaks. He rings us out to make us clean the dry, but often we protest it and are blind to our own dirty water. We want to just be hung on the line to let the sun's warmth come dry us (I have the image of a person on the beach sun bathing). We want the warmth of the sun and its comfort without making sure we can really benefit from it. Without being rung out the clothes would be on the line longer and lose their shape and not fit any more. Without God ringing us out that polluted water in us changes our makeup and how God has made us to work. So why would we not want to be rung and then hung to dry? God has then best of intentions for us when He rings us out, we just need to be willing to suffer thought the ringing so the blessing of the drying comes after.


So my challenge for you today (your night my day) is that you welcome the chance for the Lord to ring you clean of polluted murky water. He will then will allow you to be reshaped and dried in the sun. Just as the clothing smells so sweet being lined dried, so will you; the sweet fragrance of the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. I like that, Cassandra. Praise the Lord for his forgiveness and sanctifying love.

    ReplyDelete