Nakuru is located in what world famous part of Africa?

Working For Change In Kenya

Working For Change In Kenya

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Last day...

So after my last blog... It turns out the days got mixed up so Friday we all wen't to Mission In Action a really cool orphanage. All the kids are so loving!! Spent a few hours there just talking with the lady who owns it and after that we went to town got our last supplies and went to the "dump"... It's exactly what I thought it would look like and would smell like... I won't be eating any pork for a good time.
That was our Friday... We came home early because Leilani, Eugene and I set out for Safari really early this morning hoping to find some cats. No luck. We saw lots of other really cool animals. Like.... Rhinos which by the way look really cool behind a big fence at a zoo but really intimidating when spitting distance in a safari car.... Loads of zebras and water buffalo's! It was a lot of fun! That took up most of our morning and then after we met with Kate and Johnny at a really cool spot for lunch near ROHI... We had Doug an intern from Corner Stone Church with us on Safari and we dropped him off at ROHI when finished... it was awesome seeing those smiling faces again!... nothing beats smiling faces and lovely "how are yooooou" coming down the streets.
We got some gifts for loved ones at home at the Curio shops, it started raining pretty hard so we called it quits and came back to the house to get ready for diner... We had one last amazing diner at Kate and Johnny's as well as a movie! I'm really going to miss that big family! Their really the coolest people ever!
Leaving Africa... I feel...I feel like we accomplished something... Tho it may not have been much it was a lot to the families we helped and now that this trip is almost to a closer I can honestly say my heart has planted a seed and I can't wait to come back and visit. God is so good! He's been funny on this trip having us go through some good and bad times...He pushed us to the limit but God will never give you more than you can handle and at times it seemed like He pushed me off a cliff, He lifted me up higher than I was.I can't wait to come home and share all my stories and photos!!!
Kwaheri Nakuru... I will be back.
Asante Sana for everyone who helped send me out here as well as prayer... I couldn't have done this without you
Nakupenda!

1 comment:

  1. Keep us posted on the travels home! Prayers from all going up, with great expectations on your arrival!

    Much Love!
    -Dad

    ReplyDelete