Nakuru is located in what world famous part of Africa?

Working For Change In Kenya

Working For Change In Kenya

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Just days away...

I can't believe just 35 more days! I'm so excited, I want May 13th to be this month... We just bought our tickets this last Monday! How awesome! I'm so proud of us team... from garage sales, bake sales, from selling to DONATIONS and fully relying on God for our travel expenses... the only thing is prepping is a lil bit of a hassle. So much goes into the preparation for traveling abroad. For instance, someone like me, a "vitamin whore" just learned that in order for me to bring my vitamins properly and them not get questioned is to bring them in their original cases and in my luggage :/, it's making me re-think, do I really need all these vitamins?? Also jet lag pills, proper sizes of tubes and bottles to travel with! *phew wata hassle! but it's worth it. A bummer perhaps disguised a blessing is us having to switch from our delay in England to Dubai. I've always wanted to travel there, besides the strict laws and such...Cassandra has been telling me so much about all the lovely people we'll be meeting out there I can't wait! I just saw our Emmit flight itinerary... We getta see new movies on the flight whhhhhaaaattt!!1 good food? whhhhhhhaaaat???!!! Maybe 15 hours wont be too too bad :/
A huge thing that has been on my heart since day 1 of my thought process was how will my family feel about me doing this.... and it was so great that this last Easter and my grandma's birthday my family has been asking me more and more questions about it. They've all donated in more ways than one and we've even already started cracking jokes, that helps me know that they support me and will be checking this out to keep some eyes and prayers on me. My family means the world to me and even though it's only 3 weeks, I know I'll miss them. Another thing is my dad is running for congressman and I told him, "dad, you need to clean your office, a clean office gives you more mind a clarity" but did he listen NOOOOOOOO, so figured, yesterday on my day off that I'd surprise him, and sure enough it did. Although it doesn't sound like a lot, to me it did. I'll be gone at the climax of primaries and I feel helpless. So a few of my promises while gone to my fam is: Auntie Carmen, I promise, no make up, no product in my hair, and if I find a bone, I'll take a pic ;) Dad: I promise to pray for you and your campaign....
TEAM: Get ready! God is calling I pray your listening.
Asante Sana

No comments:

Post a Comment