Nakuru is located in what world famous part of Africa?

Working For Change In Kenya

Working For Change In Kenya

Sunday, April 25, 2010

WOW...Counting Down!!!

I rec'd my shots on Tuesday...now I know what it's like to be a real live pin cushion!
Our team is waiting for the Embassy to return our passports w/our visas added...should
be any day now. On Friday, I received my special Orb Elements water bottle which will
filter up to 200 gal. until the filter needs to be changed. A few weeks ago Cassandra
and Grace went to a Green Event in S.F. and found out all about these bottles. The Military and other huge organizations have been using them for a while now. I'm very
excited to know that I will have access to clean water where ever I go on this trip.

Thanks again to all of you who supported us through all of our fundraising events.
The Luau, the Yard sale, both Homemade Bake sales, the Walk-a-thon, eating on Sundays
at Las Palmas Mexican Restaurant where they agreed to donate 10% of all receipts for
5 weeks. And also many thanks in advance for lifting up our team in prayer from now
until we return on May 31st.

As I prepare for this trip, I've been asking God to prepare my heart and mind. He has
strongly impressed upon me to tell them that no matter what they have experienced or have been through that through Him there can be restoration. So many of these kids
have survived horrible situations and they need to know that they can be set free from
the chains of the past, learn that they do have value and just how much God loves them and that a new start walking in hope and freedom is possible!!! It is biblical for older women to mentor the young women and I am ready...use me Lord,your humble servant.

Until next time,
Leilani

No comments:

Post a Comment