Nakuru is located in what world famous part of Africa?

Working For Change In Kenya

Working For Change In Kenya

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Child Don't Fear

How was my day? Well it was unlike any other. I was greeted with the smell of dirt, blood, feeshies, sweat, and death. Now with this decription would this be a place you would take your sick family member let alone your child?

For so many this is the only option and they walk many miles to get to this place. And once they get their they have to front the cost of bed and any "medical" treatment they may need, sit two or three to a bed, feed themselves, change themselves, and beg for someone to come look at them. This is the setting where my heart was stolen. In the children's ward the second to last bed on the left there was a little one named Emmanuel. He was covered and alone. My friend Joe called me over and asked me to pray for this little one; he had been left and was ALL alone now.

As I placed my hand on his tinny head my heart was stolen. God touched me to give a word of declaration over him. The Lord said he would EVER be alone and would come out of this horrific situation and be loved. Not only be loved he would show love. My eyes were welling with tears and my voice was strained. This little love was facing deaths door steps and God used me to declare he would not. As I closed in prayer and asked for a covering over this child my heart was no longer stolen but broken.....my eyes fixed on his chart and it read "TB and Meningitis". This is a death sentence! All alone no one with him, no one to pay for the medical bills BEFORE treatment, and just another body in a bed to all around him.

There are no words...there have been no words from me after I left his side. My mind keeps going back to that awful place where he is.....where is his slowly dying ALONE! All that I can think of is the words to Shawn Mcdonald's song Child. Form this day forth I will never be the same and only the Lord knows why! I still do not know why but that is the beauty of God, we do not need to know because He does. He has it. He holds Emmanuel in His hands, He broke my heart and changed me for a reason, and I will leave it be until He tells me why. For those that read this and feel sadness welcome to the world of Africa for those that read this and feel nothing......I pray your heart is broken by God for our God knows why.
(the lyrics playing over and over in my head: Child don't fear....our God knows why. Child don't cry...our God knows why.)

No comments:

Post a Comment