Nakuru is located in what world famous part of Africa?

Working For Change In Kenya

Working For Change In Kenya

Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 3....

Habari? (how are you?) that is the most conman greeting my hears hear every day but the one that makes my heart melt and my checks hurt from smiling it the "how-are-youuuu?". The little ones on the side of the unpaved, pot-hole infested, muddy road wave and yell "how-are-youuuuu?" as we drive by.

That sound and sight is the one thing that just makes my eyes well up with tears of joy! There is something so sweet and pure about them, how they see the world, and image of God in my head. If I could I would record them...sound and sight. I would make them my alarm clock! I can think of no better way to wake up! Well the smell of chi and Kantet cooking in the kitchen down stairs......I NEVER want to wake up another way!

God knows us so well and gives us the desires of our hearts. My heart for many years and every morning there is no better feeling the the peace in my heart as my eye open to the sights and smells of AFRICA. There was a time a few years ago my heart was sad and my faith in the calling over my life to Africa was fading, but God is so good. He knew that 2007 was the right time for trip one and now it is time for trip three. Each day I see the leading and covering of the Lord over me and this team.

His blessings are so rich! Little things blow me out of the water! Just like yesterday I was able to walk around town knowing where I was, where I was going. I has been a while from the time I have been in town and the gift of a photographic memory was a blessing. In the states I know how to get to point A and point B but there is something different....not a "prompting" of where the next step is taken like it is here. That is something I am praying and asking the Lord for....each step walked in full faith and for-filing the way He wants me to live.

I must run now....there is more on heart and in my head but there is a sweet family at the house that I am dying to me! Kantet's wife and little one are here....they have lives apart for over a year! Yesterday Nancy moved here with the baby. WHAT A BLESSED morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment