Nakuru is located in what world famous part of Africa?

Working For Change In Kenya

Working For Change In Kenya

Friday, May 28, 2010

I have seen what I have seen, I have felt what I felt and...cried


My heart has been in Africa for many years. My toes have been dusty from the red dirt many times. My eyes have seen countless injustices. But today is first for me. Today I got word a sweet child was lost today.

AIDS is all over this place I call home but yet I have never felt the loss of a life to it until today. Friends of mine have a home for kids here and they lost a little girl. Their hearts are sad and I to find my heart sad because this is a little girl I knew. I hugged her, cooked her spaghetti, and kissed goodnight. Yes I knew her for a short time but I knew her and NEVER on the FCC Kenya team has a child we ministered to died while we were in country.

As I looked at the photos of her I cried...I could not help but cry. I was crying for her mom and dad left to tell other kids but I was also crying because this is the hard cold reality of AFRICA. There are countless of families, couples, and individuals that answer the call to come, love, work, and live in Africa. They see and face this day in and day out. It hurts so bad to think I am not the only one with a broken hart right now. People never forget "first" and I can say I will not forget this feeling. Also it is a feeling I know I will feel over and over........because I to have heard the call to Africa. I just pray that God gives me what I need each and every time I feel this way. Also I pray with all my heart that He is glorified through it all because it is not always pretty and fun but I know God is loving and full of grace. So I hold on to Him and His word because I have seen what I have seen, I have felt what I have felt, and I have cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment