Nakuru is located in what world famous part of Africa?

Working For Change In Kenya

Working For Change In Kenya

Sunday, May 16, 2010

sooo....

I was going to write something sweet... but my heart isn't there at the moment. Today was the 1st full day in Africa, and tho it was an amazing experience all sweet food soon becomes bitter. This morning we started our day wonderful with some Kenyan pancakes by Kantit the helper here at this amazing house. Then we were on our way to a bumpy road to ROHI. Ever see any pictures of muddy bumpy roads in Africa on TV... looks the same, just add a lil motion sickness and your good :) after about 15min driving on this bumpy road we arrive to ROHI and WOW what a welcome!... The kids were so happy to see us!... Many remembered Cassandra so I'm sure that was very comforting but for me personally it was warm. The energy just walking into the chapel was JOY! you couldn't help but smile when walking in and seeing all these smiling faces! All curious to what/ who we are... The worship session was amazing! That is true worship at its finest! These children got it. they got the IT the Lord wants and begs us for, and they are not at all ashamed! Its comforting to see the older kids, most the same age as me make the young kids get up when they were feeling lazy or vice versa. Anyhoo... Check out some pics we posted.. At ROHI I met 3 Graces!!! woot woot!..After that amazing and comforting experience, we go to "street church"... This is where my heart, even hours after still hasn't digested.... Kids...ages 8-18 and 2 men ages well over 30...high on glue at church. So one would ask themselves are they here for church?... The answer is No. They get food after the service, but even when offered food it's food for blood. The energy was very much opposite of ROHI I can say I feel more comfortable at the Tenderloin in SF at 3am with all the dope feens than I did in this place. The uncomfortable thing about the situation was...I wanted to get up and leave so bad! I was scared. Yea I'll admit I was terrified to be stolen, killed, touched!... but the Lord had my feet glued and He held my tears in, for some reason, and I think the lesson there was a question... Did I feel comfortable and I would I like to return?...The answer is probably not but the reality is, THIS IS reality. WAKE UP GRACE!... Change needs to happen. When I said earlier it was food for blood... Before the pastor can say Amen in the prayer everyone was running to the door which was manded by 3 men who helped there who were literally throwing them out the door because men were getting aggressive. It's still breaking my heart... So my request from anyone if not all who read this to strengthen my heart, but keep it open to be ready for whatever other lessons God has for my journey!
I miss home, but the lady Teressa who were staying with makes me feel very safe. I slept very well my 1st night sleeping here last night... I just pray tonight the Lord will calm my heart so I'm able to sleep with good dreams... You may laugh but every time I feel like i can't sleep I sing Bing Crosby in White Christmas "When your worried and you can't sleep, just count your blessings instead of sheep, and you'll fall asleeeeeep counting your blessings..."
Asante Sana (thank you)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Grace for posting. You can do this...I can see now that you were geared for this...and I'm so glad you listened to God's call.

    I'm welling up with a father's pride for you, but also God's encouragement. Stay strong, use all that you've been taught to be the leader you are. Protect yourself and the crew, as Grandma is on 'Prayer Alert' for you 24x7 ;-) You know Grandma...

    ...we're praying for you and your team continuously! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this Grace. I pray you are enCOURAGEd by knowing you are right where God wants you, and He is always with you. Thank you for bringing more of His light!

    ReplyDelete