Nakuru is located in what world famous part of Africa?

Working For Change In Kenya

Working For Change In Kenya

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Red Toes

So today was a day that God had planned! It was clear because I had mixed up the days the team and I would be going to MIA and the dump ministry......all because God had something for us to finish up with Kate and Johnny's girls. We had great morning finishing up the sewing project and then headed to town to get some supplies for tomorrow and have lunch. While we were in town we ran into Molly and Joe who just got a new girl at SOHK. This little one is one they were working on getting when we worked with them last week. She is ONLY 7 years old, has been living on the streets with her "mom" and has been sexually assaulted. As hard as it was to hear her story it was a joy to see her in Joe's arms after knowing how they prayed and worked on getting her into SOHK to be safe and loved! It was like reading the last few pages of the last chapter in a GREAT book.

Heading back to Kate and Johnny's after town we got some supplies to paint all the girls nails. Yes, it is a girly but they are girls. They are also some pretty amazing girls with a Future and a Hope because of Kate and Johnny. That short time we had painting toes may seem so small to many but...for girls who come from places that make your heart break....it means so much. It shows love to girls that early in life did not know what that was. So as I sat on the concrete and Sarah painted my toes, red, I looked around. Yes I was a home in Kenya but I saw more!

I saw a family that gave up so much to love girls that had nothing. I saw a family with white kids and black kids who are colorblind and call each other sister and brother. I saw a mom and a dad that love EACH of their kids biological or not. I saw kids growing in truth and love. I saw a family that places Christ in the center. I saw a kind of family the world could use more of! I saw all of this with red toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment