Nakuru is located in what world famous part of Africa?

Working For Change In Kenya

Working For Change In Kenya

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Malaria pill, PMS, "Hospital"

Constantly this trip the Lord is breaking me, literally taking my full glass of purified water and shattering it on the bumpy roads here in Kenya.
All day everyday my camera is glued to my hip but not today... Today the Lord was like NO Grace... Today is for your eyes only. No camera could explain and capture the feelings we felt today. Especially me. I haven't really broken down all this trip but today someone was saying "let it rain"... First off if no one has ever taken malaria pills.. well your lucky... it has some strange side effects, mine today was just tired plus PMS if your a girl you'll understand if your a guy...well... I don't wana explain myself, but all that then we visit the "clinic...No camera could capture the hurt these people were facing. One person that really sticks out and was my breaking point was this young girl. 22 years of age on her last string of life dying of aids, hadn't eatten the last 3 days she's been admitted, She hasn't even poked her head far out of her sweater to see her face the few hours we were there..I had prayed over her once I got to that side of the ward, and though it looked bad I wasn't expecting things to go where it had gone... When I was finished visiting at the womens aids ward, I walked outside, I felt pretty put together but Molly wanted to go back in and kinda hurry the rest of the crew.. I went in with her.
What I saw next I didn't expect.
Molly stayed towards the door but I walked to that 22 year old girl again because her mom seemed upset, I had Job our interp for the day come with me and ask her what was wrong. Her mom said... and I kid you not... "I give up! I'm tired of waiting!" walks to the front, hand the receptionist some money and leaves.
She left her daughter to die alone all because she gave up!...
Thank you family for being everything you've been to me. Everything you've been for me. At least 40% of the people at this "clinic" were abandoned because they were a burden to their family.
Needless to say... Today was a hard day...
Pray for me. Pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment