Nakuru is located in what world famous part of Africa?

Working For Change In Kenya

Working For Change In Kenya

Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 1....count down to life change

(before flight)This day started hecktic woke up early running earrans trying to keep my mind busy so i don't focus on the face the fact that I'm going to AFRICA! I guess I'm doing this because I don't want to admit that I am scared to death. Sacred that I wont do a good job. Scared that I'm not in the will of God... and I have all this fear in the back of my mind. It's funny because I know this feeling way too well but as I feel the fear and do it anyway and as I have faith knowing that fear is just false evidence appearing real. I know that if God if for me who can be against me. I remember that I used to believe that a courage man was a man without fear but I have come to realize that everyone has fear and the courageous man is someone who moves forward in spite of that fear. I know with God's help I can not only have fear but I can also have the power to allow my faith to be greater than my fear. When we were in SF about to board to Dubai, A thought popped into my mind...I remembered that at one time I cared nothing for God, didn't trust him, didn't love him, matter of fact I did everything opposite of what God stood for. At that point of time I had no love for people at all, then I saw a change and my eyes opened to the Light of Christ and now through all of that I'm about to board a flight to give love, that I once did not possess and to shine a light at one point I did not have. To me... That is amazing. (on the flight) I saw a movie called Invictus staring Morgan Freeman and Matt Damien... and it was about the newly elected president Nelson Mandela on a quest to fight and rebuild a nation that remained economically divided in the wake of apartheid he believed he could bring his people through the universal language of sports. Mandela rallies South Africans underdog rugby team as they make an unlikely run to the 1995 World Cup champion match. This movie dazzled me. As I watched it, i started to understand what his purpose was for showing such an interest in the sports team so early into his presidential run. He was not trying to win games in the sake of winning games, he was not trying to put a trophy in a Hall of Fame, not even to be able to say that he was apart of one of the most notable underdog victories in the history of sports. No, his interest was to build a country that stood together despite their differences. A country of unity, A country of love and a Country of HOPE! and he did achieve that purpose. In heinz sight I believe this is what we are on this plane to do. we are on a plane traveling thousands of miles away from home, work,school, and outside of our comfort zone to give Kenya a feeling of Unity. to say that were here with them on the streets that you suffer on, bleed on, and cry on. To say that we feel your pain and as you bleed we bleed with you. To give hope. A hope for a future. To help them realize their circumstance does not have to be their destiny. The greatest of all these things we are on this plane to give our love.
I pray that this be our focus, that our unity, hope and love that we bring never dies even when we go home, that it passes from person to person. Building and Compounding so that decades later, if we traced back steps we would realize that someone that we touched on this trip touches the life of someone else who touched the life of someone else who touches the life of someone else and so on and so forth... and I pray that this chain never ends. I herd it said that to change the world it starts with one random act of kindness and to move the mountain you must start with the smallest stone. Well here is our stone... What will yours' be?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Eugene! Keep posting your thoughts...inquiring minds want to know the details of your visit...let alone for your own review later ;-)
    -Coach

    ReplyDelete